Sis. Jackie Tyrrell
Servants Helping Servants Ministry
The objective of this ministry to assist with meet the need of those in the church and in our community. How do we achieve this? By taking the time to find the actual necessity of the individual. Is it employment, shelter, food, clothing, transportation, etc.
We assistance by providing resources available. We working with other resource to assisting individual in our church and in our community.
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Matthew 25:35
Methods of help
- Search for grants/ scholarship offered to an unchurched needy senior or youth.
- Call Employment Security office or a Community Action Agency in your county. Start a job search/help wanted matching service/Schedule appointments.
- Work with Jatran for bus pass transportation for individuals to get to job appointments/interviews.
- Provide classes on how to get a job and keep a job.
- Work with Christian Women’s Job Corps and/or Christian Men’s Job Corps in your association to help the youth.
- Work with Hinds County Human Resources, Food Stamp office, Habitat for Humanity.
- Mentor to someone out of service work as assigned by our Pastor.
But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 1 John 3:17